Are you on the hunt for a new fridge van? If you’re looking for the best quality refrigerated van on the market, look no further than Tranzfreeze.
Our range includes a variety of sizes and models – from smaller transit vans to larger-capacity panel vans – giving you the flexibility to choose the one that best suits your needs.
We’ve reviewed twelve of our most popular fridge vans for sale in Australia and put together a list of their features, so you can make an informed decision about which is the right van for you.
What Is a Fridge Van?
A fridge van is a specially designed refrigerated vehicle, typically equipped with an insulated interior and temperature control system capable of maintaining a consistent, cool environment. This makes them perfect for transporting food, pharmaceuticals or other items requiring a cold environment.
Traditionally, they’ve been used by retailers such as supermarkets to keep their products fresh on delivery routes
Types of Fridge Vans Available
Tranzfreeze offers a range of fridge vans to suit every budget, from the ever-popular Fiat Ducato panel van to smaller transit models. Here’s a quick overview of our top twelve:
The Mercedes-Benz Sprinter is known for its reliability, spaciousness, and a wide range of configurations to suit various business needs. Here’s an overview of some of the top features and aspects of the Mercedes Sprinter:
- High Roof Option: The high-roof version of the Sprinter provides ample headroom, making it easy to stand and move around inside the van. This feature is especially valuable for commercial applications where workers need to access tools and equipment.
- Advanced Safety Features: Mercedes-Benz prioritises safety in its vehicles, and the Sprinter is no exception. Depending on the model and options, you can find features such as adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist, blind-spot monitoring, and a rearview camera.
- Efficient Engines: Sprinter vans come with a range of diesel and gasoline engine options. The diesel engines are known for their fuel efficiency and torque, making them well-suited for heavy-duty applications.
- Payload and Towing Capacity: The Sprinter boasts impressive payload and towing capabilities, making it suitable for transporting heavy loads or towing trailers.
- 4×4 Option: For those who need to navigate rough terrain or challenging weather conditions, Mercedes offers a 4×4 option on some Sprinter models, enhancing traction and off-road capability.
- Fuel Efficiency: Mercedes has worked to improve the fuel efficiency of the Sprinter, making it a more economical choice for businesses concerned with operating costs.
The Mercedes Sprinter is a great all-rounder, offering superior performance and reliability. It features an advanced temperature control system for an efficient cooling process and comes with either a single or double rear door option.
2) Ford Transit
The Ford Transit is available in several configurations, including cargo vans, passenger vans, and chassis cabs, making it suitable for a wide range of applications. It is known for its durability, versatility, and customisation options. Here are some key features and aspects of the Ford Transit:
- Engine Options: Depending on the model, the Transit offers a range of engine options, including gasoline and diesel engines. These engines are designed to provide a balance of power and efficiency.
- Cargo Capacity: The cargo vans offer a spacious interior with impressive cargo capacity. The Transit can be configured with different roof heights and wheelbase lengths to accommodate a variety of cargo sizes.
- Safety Features: Safety is a priority in the Transit, with features such as a rearview camera, lane-keeping assist, adaptive cruise control, blind-spot monitoring, and more available as options.
- Towing and Hauling: Depending on the engine and configuration, the Transit can have substantial towing and payload capacities, making it suitable for hauling trailers and heavy loads.
- Fuel Efficiency: Ford has worked to improve the Transit’s fuel efficiency, helping businesses save on operating costs.
- Durability: Ford has a reputation for building durable vehicles, and the Transit is no exception. It is designed to withstand the rigours of daily commercial use.
- All-Wheel Drive (AWD): Some models offer AWD for improved traction and handling in adverse weather conditions.
The Volkswagen Crafter is a versatile and robust commercial van designed to meet the needs of businesses and professionals across various industries and is a great option for refrigerated vans. Here are some of its top features:
- Spacious Cargo Capacity: The Crafter boasts a generous cargo capacity, making it suitable for transporting goods and equipment. The load space is well-designed, with tie-down points and shelving options for securing cargo.
- Advanced Safety Features: Volkswagen has equipped the Crafter with a range of safety features to protect both the driver and cargo. This includes options like adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist, autonomous emergency braking, and rear-view cameras to enhance safety while driving and manoeuvring.
- Comfortable Cabin: The driver’s cabin is designed for comfort and functionality. It offers ample storage, ergonomic seats, and an intuitive dashboard layout, making it a comfortable workspace for long hours on the road.
- Efficient Engines: Volkswagen offers a range of efficient diesel engines for the Crafter, providing good fuel economy while delivering sufficient power for various tasks.
- Optional Four-Wheel Drive: Depending on the model and configuration, the Crafter may be available with a four-wheel-drive system, enhancing its off-road capabilities and traction in adverse weather conditions.
The Volkswagen Crafter makes an excellent choice for those in search of a dependable and efficient fridge van.
4) Iveco Daily
The Iveco Daily is a rugged and reliable fridge van, perfect for those transporting heavier loads. Its temperature control system ensures that your goods remain chilled throughout the journey. Here’s an overview of the Iveco Daily and some of its top features:
1. Versatile Configurations: The Iveco Daily is available in various configurations to suit different business needs. It can be configured as a panel van, chassis cab, crew cab, or even a minibus, making it adaptable for a wide range of commercial applications.
2. Load Capacity: The Daily is known for its impressive load-carrying capacity. It offers a high payload capacity, which is essential for businesses that need to transport goods and equipment.
3. Engine Options: The Daily is available with a range of diesel and natural gas (CNG) engines, allowing customers to choose the option that best suits their requirements. These engines are designed to be fuel-efficient while delivering the necessary torque and power.
4. Transmission: Depending on the model and application, the Daily can come with a manual or automatic transmission. This flexibility ensures that drivers can choose the transmission type that suits their driving preferences and needs.
5. Advanced Safety Features: Iveco has equipped the Daily with various safety features to protect the driver, passengers, and cargo. These may include adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, advanced braking systems, and airbags.
6. Comfort and Ergonomics: The interior of the Daily is designed with driver comfort and ergonomics in mind. Features like an adjustable driver’s seat, well-organised dashboard controls, and a comfortable cabin contribute to a pleasant driving experience.
7. Connectivity: Modern Daily models often come equipped with advanced infotainment systems and connectivity options. These systems can include touchscreen displays, navigation, Bluetooth, and smartphone integration.
8. Durability and Reliability: Iveco is known for building durable and reliable commercial vehicles, and the Daily is no exception. It is built to withstand the demands of daily commercial use and has a reputation for longevity.
5) Toyota Hiace
The Toyota Hiace is available in various configurations, including vans, minibuses, and even campervan conversions. It’s a workhorse vehicle designed to transport passengers or cargo efficiently. The Hiace is well-regarded in many parts of the world for its robust construction and dependable performance.
- Spacious Interior: The Hiace is known for its roomy and versatile interior. Depending on the configuration, it can accommodate a range of passengers or cargo. It’s often used as a passenger van, cargo van, or as a base for camper conversions.
- Reliability: Toyota is known for building reliable vehicles, and the Hiace is no exception. It’s designed to withstand the rigours of commercial use and is known for its longevity.
- Variety of Configurations: The Hiace comes in various configurations to suit different needs. You can choose from panel vans, commuter vans, and more. This flexibility makes it a popular choice for businesses and individuals.
- Safety Features: Modern versions of the Hiace are equipped with safety features such as airbags, anti-lock brakes, electronic stability control, and more to help ensure the safety of passengers and cargo.
- Fuel Efficiency: Toyota has worked on improving the fuel efficiency of the Hiace over the years, making it more cost-effective for businesses and individual users.
- Comfort and Technology: Depending on the trim level and options chosen, the Hiace can offer a comfortable and technologically advanced interior. Features may include touchscreen infotainment systems, climate control, and more.
- Adaptability: The Hiace’s design allows for easy modifications and conversions. Many people choose to customise their Hiace vans for specific purposes.
- Strong Resale Value: Toyota vehicles, in general, tend to hold their value well, and the Hiace is no exception. This can be an important consideration for businesses looking to invest in commercial vehicles.
The Hyundai iLoad is a mid-sized van designed primarily for commercial and business use. It is available in various configurations, including a panel van and crew van, to cater to different needs. It offers a spacious interior, good cargo capacity, and a range of features that make it a competitive choice in the commercial van market.
- Versatile Configurations: The Hyundai iLoad is available in different configurations, including a two-seat panel van and a crew van with additional seating for passengers. This flexibility allows businesses to choose the right setup for their needs.
- Cargo Space: The iLoad offers a generous cargo area that can be further expanded by folding down the rear seats in the crew van version. This makes it suitable for transporting goods, equipment, or even passengers.
- Powerful Engine: Depending on the market and the model year, the iLoad is equipped with various engine options. The engines typically offer good performance and fuel efficiency, making them suitable for long-distance driving.
- Safety Features: Hyundai places a strong emphasis on safety in their vehicles, and the iLoad is no exception. Depending on the trim level and market, it may come equipped with safety features such as airbags, electronic stability control, anti-lock brakes, and more.
- Durability: Hyundai is known for its build quality, and the iLoad is no exception. It has a rugged and reliable construction to make it suitable for long-term use in even the most demanding conditions.
The Hyundai iLoad van is a great choice for any business requiring a reliable and well-built fridge van. With Tranzfreeze’s unique customisation options, you can tailor the van to your exact requirements. Whether it’s a simple temperature control or additional shelving for larger loads, we have you covered.
The Peugeot Expert is a mid-sized commercial van that is popular. It’s available in various configurations, including panel vans, crew vans, and passenger vans. Here are some of its features, pros, and cons:
- Multiple Configurations: The Peugeot Expert comes in various configurations, including panel van, crew van, and passenger van. This versatility makes it suitable for a wide range of commercial and personal transportation needs.
- Cargo Space: Depending on the version, the Expert offers a spacious cargo area with multiple length and height options. This means you can tailor it to your specific cargo requirements.
- Fuel Efficiency: Many Expert models are equipped with fuel-efficient diesel engines, which can help save on operating costs, especially for businesses with a lot of mileage.
- Technology: Depending on the trim level, the Expert may come equipped with modern technology features such as a touchscreen infotainment system, smartphone connectivity, and advanced safety features.
- Comfort: The interior of the Peugeot Expert is designed to offer a comfortable and ergonomic workspace for the driver, which can be essential for long hours on the road.
The Mercedes-Benz Vito is a versatile and popular commercial van designed to cater to a variety of business and commercial needs, making it a suitable choice for transporting goods or even as a base for specialised conversions.
1. Versatile Configurations: The Mercedes Vito comes in various configurations. This allows businesses to choose the right setup based on their specific needs.
3. Safety Features: Mercedes-Benz places a strong emphasis on safety, and the Vito is no exception. It includes a suite of safety features, which may include adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist, blind-spot monitoring, and autonomous emergency braking, among others.
5. Load Capacity: The Vito is known for its impressive cargo capacity. Depending on the configuration, you can have a large and flexible cargo area for transporting goods. It often comes with multiple tie-down points and a choice of door configurations for easy loading and unloading.
6. Customisation: Mercedes-Benz typically offers a range of customisation options, allowing businesses to tailor the Vito to their specific needs. This can include various wheelbase lengths, roof heights, and interior configurations.
7. Fuel Efficiency: Mercedes-Benz works to make its vans as fuel-efficient as possible. Depending on the engine and configuration, the Vito can offer competitive fuel economy figures for its class.
8. Durability: Mercedes-Benz is known for building durable and reliable vehicles, and the Vito is no exception. It’s designed to withstand the rigours of commercial use.
The Mitsubishi Express is a light commercial van that has been available in various markets around the world. It’s known for its durability, practicality, and cost-effectiveness. While the design and features may vary depending on the specific model and market, here are some common aspects and features:
- Cargo Space: The Express typically offers a generous cargo space with a large, square-shaped cargo area. This makes it ideal for businesses that need to transport goods, including refrigerated items.
- Refrigeration Options: The Mitsubishi Express can be customised with refrigeration units to keep goods at the desired temperature. These units are typically installed in the cargo area to maintain a consistent temperature for items such as perishable foods, pharmaceuticals, or other temperature-sensitive products.
- Payload Capacity: Depending on the model and configuration, the Mitsubishi Express can have a substantial payload capacity, allowing for the transportation of a significant quantity of goods.
- Fuel Efficiency: Mitsubishi often focuses on fuel-efficient engines in their vehicles, helping businesses save on operating costs.
- Manoeuvrability: The Express is designed to be easy to manoeuvre in urban and congested areas, making it suitable for various delivery and transportation tasks.
10) LDV G10
The LDV G10 is a commercial van produced by the Chinese automaker LDV (Leyland DAF Vans). While it is primarily known as a passenger van, it can also be customised for various commercial purposes, including vehicle refrigeration. Here’s an overview of the LDV G10 and some of its top features when used for vehicle refrigeration:
- Spacious Interior: The LDV G10 offers a spacious interior, which is advantageous for vehicle refrigeration applications. This allows for more storage space for goods and products that need to be kept at low temperatures.
- Customisation: LDV vans are often used as a base for customisation. These units can be customised to meet specific temperature requirements for transporting perishable goods, such as food, pharmaceuticals, or flowers.
- Security Features: LDV vans typically come with security features to protect the contents of the refrigerated compartment. This can include robust locking systems and alarms to prevent unauthorised access or theft of goods.
- Ease of Loading and Unloading: The LDV G10 is designed with rear and side doors for easy access to the refrigerated compartment. This is essential for efficient loading and unloading of products.
- Reliability: LDV vans are known for their reliability and durability. This is crucial for businesses that rely on refrigerated transportation to maintain the integrity of their products during transit.
- Fuel Efficiency: LDV has been working on improving the fuel efficiency of its vehicles. While refrigeration units can consume additional energy, the G10’s efficient engine options help keep operating costs in check.
- Safety Features: LDV vehicles often come with a range of safety features, including airbags, anti-lock brakes, electronic stability control, and more. Safety is a critical consideration, especially when transporting cargo.
- Technology: Depending on the model and customisation, LDV G10s may be equipped with modern technology, such as GPS tracking and monitoring systems, to help fleet managers track and manage their vehicles.
Keep in mind that the specific features and capabilities of an LDV G10 for vehicle refrigeration can vary depending on the customisation and the specific needs of the business. It’s essential to work with reputable customisation companies or suppliers to ensure that the vehicle meets the necessary requirements for transporting temperature-sensitive goods.
11) Renault Trafic
The Renault Trafic is a popular mid-sized van that has been a part of Renault’s commercial vehicle lineup for many years. It’s known for its versatility, practicality, and a range of features that make it a competitive choice in the commercial van market. Please note that my knowledge is based on information available up to September 2021, so there may have been updates or changes to the Trafic since then. Here’s an overview of the Renault Trafic and some of its top features:
- Versatile Configurations: The Renault Trafic is available in various configurations, including panel van, crew van, and passenger van versions. This versatility allows it to cater to a wide range of commercial transportation needs.
- Cargo Space: The Trafic offers a generous cargo area, with a range of load lengths and heights available to suit different requirements. It can typically carry a substantial payload, making it ideal for businesses that need to transport goods.
- Fuel Efficiency: Renault has equipped the Trafic with fuel-efficient engines, including diesel options. This can help reduce operating costs for businesses, especially those that rely on the van for frequent deliveries.
- Comfortable Interior: The Trafic’s cabin is designed with driver comfort in mind. It offers adjustable seating, ergonomic controls, and a well-organised dashboard to make long journeys more comfortable.
- Infotainment and Connectivity: Depending on the trim level and options chosen, the Trafic can come with advanced infotainment systems, including touchscreen displays, navigation, Bluetooth connectivity, and smartphone integration.
- Safety Features: Renault has incorporated several safety features into the Trafic, which may include options like lane departure warning, blind-spot monitoring, parking sensors, and more to enhance driver safety.
- Customisation: Renault offers a range of customisation options for the Trafic, allowing buyers to choose the features and configurations that best suit their needs.
- Reliability: Renault has a reputation for building durable and reliable commercial vehicles, and the Trafic is no exception. It’s designed to withstand the demands of daily use.
- Cargo Handling: The Trafic often comes with practical features like sliding side doors, wide-opening rear doors, and various tie-down points to facilitate efficient cargo loading and unloading.
The availability of these features may vary depending on the model year and specific trim level. Feel free to contact us to find out the best option for your needs.
12) Renault Master
The Renault Master is a popular line of commercial vehicles designed to meet the needs of businesses and professionals who require versatile and efficient transportation solutions. It falls into the category of large vans and comes in various configurations to cater to different commercial and industrial needs. The Master is known for its robust build quality, spacious interiors, and a range of features that enhance comfort and productivity.
- Versatile Configurations: The Renault Master is available in a wide range of configurations.
- Cargo Space: One of the primary purposes of the Master is to transport cargo efficiently. It offers a spacious and well-designed cargo area with multiple load lengths and heights to accommodate various cargo sizes and weights.
- Efficient Engines: Renault equips the Master with a range of efficient diesel and, in some markets, electric powertrains. These engines are designed to deliver good fuel economy and reduce emissions.
- Advanced Technology: Depending on the trim level and configuration, the Renault Master can be equipped with advanced technology features such as a touchscreen infotainment system, navigation, Bluetooth connectivity, and smartphone integration.
- Safety Features: Safety is a priority in commercial vehicles, and the Master comes with safety features like ABS (Anti-lock Braking System), ESC (Electronic Stability Control), airbags, and optional advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) like lane departure warning and blind-spot monitoring.
- Comfortable Cabin: The cabin of the Master is designed to offer a comfortable and ergonomic workspace for drivers. It includes features like adjustable seats, ample storage spaces, and easy-to-reach controls.
- Towing Capacity: Depending on the configuration, the Renault Master can have a substantial towing capacity, making it suitable for tasks that require towing trailers or other equipment.
- Customisation: Renault offers various customisation options, allowing businesses to tailor the Master to their specific needs. This includes options for interior fittings, cargo area customisation, and additional equipment.
- Easy Loading and Unloading: The Master is designed to facilitate easy loading and unloading of cargo, with features such as wide side and rear doors, low loading sills, and optional rear air suspension for a more level loading floor.
- Fuel Efficiency: With its efficient diesel engines, the Renault Master is designed to be cost-effective in terms of fuel consumption, helping businesses reduce operational costs.
Overall, the Renault Master is a versatile and practical choice for businesses and professionals in need of a reliable and efficient commercial vehicle. Its range of configurations and features makes it suitable for a wide variety of applications, from logistics and transportation to construction.
How Can Tranzfreeze Assist You?
At Tranzfreeze, we specialise in providing businesses with reliable and customised refrigerated vans. Our team of experienced experts can help you find the perfect vehicle for your needs from a range of Renault transporters, including the Master.
We offer a selection of small, medium, and large fridge vans that are designed to deliver optimal performance and efficiency. We also offer a range of customisation options to ensure that your van meets the specific requirements of your business.